October 29, 2013

Prunus amygdalus....the Hauschka spell!

I suppose, given that I have done it for two years running, it can now be called a tradition; the happy tradition of Hauschka Halloween. Last year I carved a Rose pumpkin.  This year, in celebration of another key ingredient, I chose Almond flowers.

Ok, technically the blossom is not used in the products; but a nut would not be so visually appealing.  It might be easier to carve though....makes mental note for next year!  I don't have sophisticated equipment (unlike some people who take pumpkin carving very seriously indeed http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24678803), and whilst I worked I wished there was a magic spell to quickly complete the job.  Having completely forgotten what was uttered in Cinderella, and not wanting my pumpkin to turn into a coach at any rate, I mused that the Latin for Almond would make a pretty convincing Harry Potter sounding spell - Prunus Amygdalus!!! With a puff of smoke I present “The Almond Pumpkin”:

Almond

I thought that creating an Almond blossom ring was a nice way to reflect the cyclic nature of skin, the renewal and rhythm which is at the heart of the Dr.Hauschka routine.   

Here is a Halloween run down of my favourite 3 products which contain Almond

1) Cleansing Cream  - Inspired by the Almond paste used by Elisabeth Sigmund’s mother, this is a magical cream (not scrub!).

  Cleansing Cream

 

How does it work its magic spell? Press and roll you way to super soft, super clear skin.  It works in harmony with the skin’s metabolism, encouraging the lymph system’s cleansing functions and awakening skin to radiant beauty. 

 

 

 

.....................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2) Moisturising Mask

I always think the face masks are a good choice for Halloween.  I tend towards the oily skin spectrum, so left to my own devices would have probably shunned this product described as “an intensive moisturising treatment” (how rude of me!)  Fortunately, for the state of my wellbeing, it was recommended to me by a lovely Haushka esthetician

Moisturising Mask

 

 

How does it work its magic spell?  All your problems seem to melt away as this super hero mask restores the natural balance of your skin, no tricks just a treat.

 

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

3) Almond Bath Bath Essence

This is my favourite of all the new bath essences, a marzipan temptation that has me hooked with its sweet fragrance and soothing caress.

Almond Bath Essence

 

 

How does it work its magic spell? It transports me to a beautiful dream world.  This product proved to be an inspiration for another carving, as after an Almond Bath I forgot my lack tools or experience and used the Hauschka spell to create “The Hummingbird Pumpkin”.  The beautiful, dancing colours remind me of the amber coloured bath essence.

 

 

Humming Bird

Wishing you a Happy Hauschka Halloween.

x Serendipity Rose

No comments: